Marketing designers Andrew Albright and Quinn Staley are Lancaster County through and through. Albright is a descendant of Hans Herr, the county’s first settler. And Staley began his media career in middle school, delivering the Lancaster New Era and Sunday News door to door.
They both enjoy travel and adventure, but they always find their way back home – to Lancaster County and to LNP’s marketing department, where their goal is to create and inspire.
You may not see their bylines in print, but Albright and Staley are master storytellers in their own right. They bring you the story behind the story – a glimpse at the people at LNP that bring you the news every day.
For this campaign, they chose to photograph their subjects in black and white.
“The choice of black-and-white portrait photography was much deeper than mystique and mood,” Albright says.
He’s reminded of a quote by Canadian photojournalist Ted Grant: “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls!”
“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you photograph their souls!”
The idea was to avoid the distraction of color and truly connect people with LNP’s journalists. There were no makeup artists and no use of Photoshop to remove wrinkles.
“We value truth in advertising and add credibility to providing real news to our readers. You’ll see our team on the streets, in our neighborhoods, in our schools, and we want you to recognize them.”
LancasterOnline is part of Steinman Communications which is an innovative multi-channel communications group that delivers high quality information and entertainment to diverse audiences through advertising, digital marketing services, printing and database marketing. Other Steinman Communications companies include:
- Fly After 5: Think of Fly After 5 as your concierge for nightlife in the Lancaster County region. It’s available in digital, print and social media.
- La Voz Lancaster: La Voz Lancaster is Lancaster County’s only publication focused on the local Hispanic community. Printed twice each month, La Voz Lancaster offers original and curated content covering all aspects of Hispanic life in Lancaster County and the surrounding area.
- Lancaster Farming is the “Farmer’s Choice” since 1955, covering many agriculture industries, including dairy, beef, swine, sheep, goat, horse and specialty animal buyers and sellers. It is also the largest farm implement marketplace in the Northeast.
- Lancaster Farming Locator is the fastest growing farm equipment listing website in the country. It provides a market place for buyers and sellers of farm equipment, construction machinery, vehicles and even auction listings.
- The Epherata Review is the voice of Ephrata, Pennsylvania. Started in 1878, the paper is printed weekly and the website provides news throughout the week.
- The Lititz Record Express has been the community newspaper of one of America’s favorite small towns, Lititz, Pennsylvania, since 1877.
- DBC Media: DBC Media offers news and entertainment on nine radio stations covering Delaware, Maryland and Southeastern Pennsylvania. All stations offer robust advertising programs plus complete digital marketing services.
- Delaware Sports Zone: Delaware Sports Zone has all of Delaware’s local high school sports news in one place. View videos, scores, game coverage and the most up to date rankings.